Wednesday 13 July 2016

E-flite setups and ALES limiter

It's been a while since I released my E-Soar setup and since then many users from around the world have downloaded the setup. Thanks to all of you who provided feedback.

Version 1.1 is now almost ready for release with some refinements:

These are:
  • A minimum pull of 1 second on SH to kill the motor, to help prevent accidental operation.
  • Improved voice alert behaviour.
  • Power-on beep interval increased to 12 seconds. 
The mods are minor and it should be quite easy to fold them in to existing setups. I'm aiming to release E-Soar v1.1 in the next few days, followed by a new version of E-Soar Plus with similar enhancements.

Motor limiter for ALES practice

Earlier this year I started a little project to implement an ALES time/height limiter in OpenTx. The idea was for the limiter to stop the motor in after 30 seconds running time, or when a predetermined height was reached.

The main challenge was to get it to work alongside the existing motor arming/kill system, without adding too much extra complexity. The initial version failed on the second count (far too many logical switches) and so I put it on the back burner.

The other day I mentioned it to my club mate Roger Robbins and he was keen to try it, so I thought it would be nice to revisit the project and see if it could be simplified. The new version adds 9 logical switches, 3 special functions and an extra sound file. It's now installed in my Cularis ready for flight testing.


No comments: